Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Working the Beat



Today started as any other day or so I thought. I received my 2nd passport so now I can get a stamp when I enter into Israel - little problem I never realized that my 1st passport had my last name spelled wrong so now I have to get them both fixed - item 1 on my things to do when I return to the states. Then it was off to Ramallah to work. I was anticipating and still am a long day. Around 3pm a press conference was starting to take place in our complex and I was checking out the window while working on spreadsheets. Well wouldn't you know that President Jimmy Carter and Reverend Tutu of South Africa were there. Come to find out the Carter Peace Center is in our building. When the press conference was over and we turned to leave, Richard Branson walked by and said hi. I was like that's Richard Branson - oh my!!!! Now it's back to spreadsheets and negotiations but what a great afternoon treat during Ramadan!

No comments:

Post a Comment