Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Celebration in the West Bank

Today was another site visit for the proposals that I am working on and there was much jubulation in the West Bank. There were tests today or test results were issued today to the school children and to celebrate the men where shooting off their guns into the air and setting off fireworks. Well, me being from Maine and only ever hearing a gun when at the firing range can't really tell the difference. We were safe, but it was a little scary at first since we were in the West Bank in a sort of convoy to look at pump stations and we all had Israeli plates and not Palestinian plates so it could have been a possibility - the Isreali's going to harrass or whatever the pump station operator. Thankfull it was just in celebration and we were able to carry on with the site visits. Now right now I am hearing fireworks from my hotel room as the people in Jerusalem are celebrating. It's beautiful to see them go off over the city.




I've attached a picture from lunch at the pool at our office for your enjoyment. I know that it looks like all fun and games, but International work has been hard work and LONG hours.




2 comments:

  1. Wow I bet you were nervous!!! Thanks for letting us listen to the celebrations. Who's who in the pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're having an eventful trip! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete