Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All Dressed Up

Yesterday was a wonderful lunch with the ladies in one of my offices here in Pakistan. We shared many giggles over lunch and I learned about arranged marriages, dating, and the woman's place in society. It was quite eye opening and I respect these ladies who work for us as it is not the norm in society and in many cases they are working to support their parents and siblings.

After lunch it was time to shop and find a few outfits for me to wear. Wearing western clothing is okay but it does draw attention and wearing traditional outfits is required if I go to any of our project locations. These kamiz can be quite intricate in beads and embroidery.


Me in the fitting rooms as the girls laughed, I was wearing my shirt and on dome occasions put my head through the wrong hole!




Here is one of the two outfits, the checker reminded me of NASCAR and found that a appealing.





I am now typing this from bed at 11am as I spent the entire evening until an hour ago sick. Being sick abroad is slightly nerve-raking but it seems that after 11 hours of being sick I can now focus on getting a little sleep and hydration.

Tomorrow I start my trip home and head to Dubai.


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Khayaban-e-Suhrwardy,Islamabad,Pakistan

No comments:

Post a Comment