Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Moonlighting in Pakistan



After a long but very productive day at work, and a fun "happy hour" with some staff at a coffee shop, I was welcomed back to the hotel with the sounds of Christmas music and the smell of gingerbread. Yesterday, construction was completed on my gingerbread house complete with flashing Christmas lights, but tonight they took it to a whole new level - it is open for business! Yes, you can buy chocolate Santas and gingerbread. I love it! While working my first shift, I even saw a Santa suit on the ground, so more excitement is to come. I am pictured with the manager (who is always awake and greeting me with a smile) and the doorman (who I have to admit, I had been scheming on how to get a good pic because of the uniform and mustache - mission accomplished). So Happy Holidays from Islamabad to whereever you find yourself this season!

1 comment:

  1. the best kind of house to have !! you really can eat yourself out of house and home here !! and thinking about this, how do you plan on getting this delicious house home? ha ha aunt m

    ReplyDelete