Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I have arrived in Pakistan

After a 13 hour plane ride with a unshowered fellow creaping into my seat, then a three hour ride from Dubai in a middle isle in a middle seat, I arrived safe in Pakistan. Private transport to waiting area where our amazing staff took care of obtaining my visa along with collecting my 50lb bag; while I enjoyed tea and cookies of course. My arrival time was just after 3am local time and well, I haven't been able to sleep yet. I have unpacked and organized my room for the three week stay, worked out, discovered the nuances of my bathroom, had an amazing breakfast, and am preparing to head off to our offices. Current time is 11am.

Now before tearing away to work, I have to talk about my bathroom. First there is a scale from the '70s under the sink for my use. Perfect, the one time I would die before seeing one of these is on business travel or vacation. The only redeeming quality to this scale is that it is in kg, so I immediately had a major weight loss upon stepping onto it.

I have a little toilet stall with telephone and shower head. Not sure if this is a make shift bidet and don't anticipate finding out. My shower upon first glance is a rain shower head - yes! But upon taking a shower the position of the head is in the ceiling and cannot be adjusted which means water ALL through the bathroom and I don't have any location in the stall where I am not being drowned in water. Guess I will try a bath next! Lastly in my small 10x10 bathroom there are two phones - guess that is the extra perk that I get for being on the executive level of the hotel.

I will be bringing more stories and photos - stay posted!

1 comment:

  1. to funny make believe you are camping and then that really would be a perk manda !! a m m

    ReplyDelete