Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pakistani Food

Here I am outside of the Serena Hotel.

Breakfast is the most delightful meal of my day. Short order cook making omelets - just to die for and enough to keep me going until 8 or 9pm at night when I get my next meal. I am surviving on water and tea all day long. Guess I might want to hop on my 1970's scale to see how I am handling this concentration camp diet.



Tonight I had Pakistani food. It is similiar to Indian food, and since I am not an expert or well traveled in this region, I would say that if you have food from the Punjab region of Pakistan it may not be distinguishable from Indian cuisine unless you are a local. It is quite spicy and delicious. I find the heat exactly what I am looking for, no sweat, just a smoky and hot sensation. Poppadom was served prior to the meal and this was a spicy seasoning on a VERY thin and fried piece of bread. So light and tasty I was in heaven. Though my slice was a little heavy on the onions, thankfully Matt wasn't here to have to kiss me!



I have not seen much of Pakistan except for traveling between the hotel and office, but tomorrow I will be at an Embassy and hoping to do a little hike this weekend and next week get to Muzzafarab.



All is quiet here!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your food experience is favorable but, I'm sill wondering how you mastered the shower!! Loveyabye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say the place looks nice from the outside. How is the weather? It looks nice. I am glad you are liking the food, as for me probably not so much...spicy???? So glad you are keeping us informed. Can't wait until you see some of the area...that is safe!!lov ya tons!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete