Sunday, December 5, 2010

Margalla Hills




I went for my hike and it was fabulous. Though I was told that this was an easy hike, ummm, easy. But I suppose if K2 is in your backyard, it is all relative. We did an hour hike which was fairly vertical to a look out point where I was able to look out over Islamabad. Unfortunately it was not a super clear day, but still amazing to see. It is wonderful that these hills are so close, practically in the city, for everyone to use for recreation.
This evening was a pleasant surprise as I was able to enjoy a glass of red wine with my dinner. Granted we had to bring our own, but still, it was quite nice. I realize that this is a rare but it was so nice!

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable view. Certainly looks a lot different than the West Bank!! Happy you are able to enjoy some personal time! Loveyabye!

    ReplyDelete